A look ahead to 2017 goals and plans
Happy New Year! This time of the year provides an opportunity to reflect on how God has worked through Clay Center Christian Church -- including the top 25 highlights of 2016 -- and to look at what plans and goals lay ahead. While we trust that God will open up many opportunities during the upcoming year, He has moved hearts toward fulfilling the following goals in 2017:
More Opportunities to CONNECT
- A finished playground and installation of outdoor basketball hoops will allow more families to connect in a Christ-like environment after worship services and other events and activities.
- Installing dimmable lights in the Worship Center will give more options for a dynamic worship experience.
- Updating the library's furniture will provide a comfortable area for counseling, family connection, and Bible studies.
- Development of new games, such as "Hungry, Hungry Hippos," for the student ministry will give opportunity for more connection and positive influence among teens.
- Looking for more ways to improve our regional outreach to families and individuals in communities in and beyond Clay County – currently 48% of the regularly attending families live outside of Clay Center. This includes opening the discussion of rebranding our church to better reflect our demographic.
More Opportunities to GROW
- The year's sermons will include series alternating between an Old Testament book and a New Testament book.
- Elective Bible classes will center on topics -- such as marriage, financial, and spiritual gifts -- that strengthen and rebuild families and the church as a whole.
- More children's and student education opportunities will be available by replacing the television in the Youth Room.
- Developing coleaders for all ministry teams and coteachers for all small groups and Bible classes will not only enhance these areas of the church but also give more opportunity to identify and nurture spiritual gifts.
More Opportunities to INVITE
- There will be more family outreach events, such as family movie nights and family game nights at the church.
- Finished painting, new high-top tables in the lobby, and updated signage inside the church building will enhance the welcoming atmosphere, especially for visitors.
More Opportunities to SERVE
- More emphasis on the missions-mindedness of the church will be reflected with a revamped missions wall.
- Plans are in the works for another Mission Trip to a reservation in South Dakota.
- Discussions have begun on an overseas Mission Trip, possibly to Haiti.
- Looking for more engagement opportunities with the communities served by our church. This includes organizing a Serve Day when, instead of a regular worship service, we show God's love through hands-on service to our schools, nonprofits, nursing homes, elderly individuals and families in need.